Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 – Important Information
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us, our contact details are given below.
Cancellation – Your Rights
Please tick which applies
- You have no right to cancel this contract because you contacted us and asked us to call to carry out urgent repairs or maintenance. Therefore the information set out below does not apply to this contract.
- You have no right to cancel this contract because the goods that we will supply you will be made to your specification. Therefore the information set out below does not apply to this contract.
- You have a right to cancel this contract and further information is given below.
- You have a right to cancel this contract and further information is given below, but your right to cancel will end when the goods we supply become inseparably mixed with other goods so that they could not be returned.
Your right to cancel
You have a right to cancel this contract without giving any reason. The cancellation period starts when we enter into a contract with you and will end 14 days after you have taken possession of the goods we are supplying you.
In order to exercise your right to cancel you must inform us of your decision in writing by letter, email, etc. You may use the attached cancellation form (Appendix 3) but you don’t have to.
To meet the cancellation deadline you should let us know that you wish to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract we will reimburse you all that you have paid us, subject to certain possible deductions set out below. However once we have delivered the goods to you we can start work straight away if you give us your written permission, this will mean you will still have a right to cancel but:
- you will have to pay our labour costs for the work that we have done up to the point when you informed us of your decision to cancel.
- we will not collect or remove any goods that we have installed, unless we have offered to do so.
- you may remove the goods yourself and return them to us at the above address and at your own expense within 14 days of informing us of your decision to cancel unless this was offered by us.
- we may reduce any reimbursement to take account of the loss in value of the goods caused by any unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
(a) 14 days after the day that we received the goods that we supplied back from you, or
(b) if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied or if there were goods and we offered to collect them, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.